background

Friday, March 15, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


"GREEN VELVET CUPCAKES WITH CREAM CHEESE ICING"

A moist, fluffy cake with melt in your mouth Cream Cheese Icing.


I love baking. I love giving gifts. So I combine the two for nearly every holiday. For St. Patrick's Day I made Green Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing.




They are amazing. 


Green Velvet Cupcakes
2 1/2 Cups Flour
2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder ( I always use Hershey's)
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 1/2 Cup Canola Oil
1 1/2 Cup Sugar
2 Eggs
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Teaspoon White Vinegar
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Cup Buttermilk ( If you don't have it do 1 Cup Milk with 1 Tablespoon of Vinegar)
Green Food Coloring, I used a whole bottle, you can use more or less to suit you!

I just throw everything above in the mixer and press mix until smooth. About 2-3 minutes. 
Line the cupcake tins with papers and bake. Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees F. As soon as you put the cupcakes in change the temperature to 325 Degrees F and bake for 25 minutes. You will get large fluffy cupcakes



Nice and Fluffy. This trick has changed the way I bake cupcakes!



Frost with the following recipe:

Cream Cheese Frosting
16 Ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
7 Ounces Marshmallow Fluff
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
Green Sprinkles, of course!




No comments:

Post a Comment