I love Strawberry Jam but my Mom is Diabetic so we are always looking for less sugar recipes. We found this great recipe but the reviews said that it turned out very thin and not thick like a jam. After some research online and then using the product we found the answer to making great thick jelly. In order for this recipe to be successful you must use the No Sugar Needed Premium Fruit Pectin by Sure Jell. Seriously, unless you find it do not make the recipe because you will be disappointed.
So the recipe said it would make 6 jelly jars, the LIARS! It only made 5. The 2 in the front are those little jelly jars for gifts. Which will probably never happen because I am very greedy with my food. Seriously, my boyfriend's grandpa calls me bread stick because he witnessed by greediness first hand at Olive Garden. HA! I might share depending on how into this canning business I get, this would be a great gift for a Diabetic or anyone trying to watch their weight.
6 Cups Chopped Strawberries
2 Boxes No Sugar Needed Premium Fruit Pectin by Sure Jell
1 1/2 Cup Honey
2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- Wash and sterilize 5 jelly jars, lids, and rings.
- Mash berries and place in large pan.
- Add pectin and stir to combine. Bring to a boil for 1 minute while continuing to stir.
- Remove from heat and add honey and lemon juice. Combine and place back on heat.
- Bring back to a boil and stir while boiling fore 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit for a few minutes. Fill jars so that there is a space at the top and then top with lids and rings.
- Process in boiling hot water bath for 8 minutes.