background

Monday, February 4, 2013

DIY Upcycled Cabinet

I this ugly green cabinet off a selling group on Facebook for $10. It was good wood, just a hideous color. 
Supplies:
Black Paint
Glittered Lacquer
Silver Spray Paint
Mirrors ( I got mine from Gettysburg Glass Company for $10)
Very strong glue
A handy man or two

  1. I removed the doors by unscrewing the hinges. 
  2. Then painted everything with the black paint I got at a craft store. 
  3. After 3 coats of that I sprayed the whole thing with glitter to give it a nice glow. 
  4. My Dad happened to have epoxy which is what we used to glue.
  5. Then spray paint the hard wear silver.
  6. Put everything back together and wah-la! A beautiful new nail polish cabinet!




Everything is organized chaos inside the cabinet! It is a great little cabinet for nail polishes, brushes, remover etc. 

Remember when you see that ugly free stuff along the road imagine what you could do with it!



No comments:

Post a Comment